Weight loss is considered one of the toughest jobs in the world. We tend to believe many weight loss tips available on the internet can be harmful to our health. Being a part of the digital age where many influences are giving free fitness tips through various platforms, it is easy for anyone to fall for the wrong advice. Let us look at the root cause of weight gain and how we can naturally work towards losing the harmful weight of our bodies.
What is the main cause of weight gain?
Weight gain is one of the most common problems these days. People having metabolic syndrome and related conditions like high blood pressure, elevated blood sugar and poor blood lipid profile are at higher risk of cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes compared to those who have a normal weight. Lifestyle habits play a major role in a person’s body weight. The following factors cause weight gain and its related diseases:
● Genetics: People with a family history of obesity are more likely to carry it forward from generation to generation. Thus, some people are genetically prone to weight gain.
● Junk food: processed food items that promote overeating and an unhealthy lifestyle. These products are available at a cheap rate in the market and have a long shelf life in addition to the irresistible taste.
● Food addiction: many people call themselves a foodie however being a foodie and being addicted to food are two different things. Food addiction is a strong sense of craving especially for sweetened high-fat junk foods which stimulate the brain and is difficult to overcome.
● Unhealthy marketing of junk food: Competitive food producers spend more money marketing junk food and ignore the fact that they have a negative impact on growing children. the younger generation gets attracted to junk food and then spends money to overcome the diseases later.
● Insulin: insulin is an energy-storing hormone that stores fat and body resistance to this hormone can cause high insulin levels that further lead to obesity.
● Sugar: Added sugar effects are hormones when consumed in excess and lead to weight gain. Added sugar is also considered one of the main causes of obesity.
Here are some steps to lose weight naturally at home:
● Protein-rich diet: our body burns calories when digesting protein, a high protein diet can boost our immune system and increase our metabolism. Foods like eggs, nuts, fish, and pulses can have tremendous results.
● Eating whole-grain food can eliminate the majority of added sugar and is much healthier in comparison to processed food that has high-calorie limits.
● Avoiding junk food with added sugar, fats and calories can help you to lose weight easily.
● Increasing the intake of healthy food like fruits and green vegetables enhances our digestion system And helps in the process of weight loss.
● Added sugar is linked with diseases like heart attacks, diabetes, and cancer. Reducing the intake of sugar is a great way to improve your immune system and can help you be fit.
Best Home Remedies For Quick Weight Loss
While it is important to lose weight, people usually indulge in practices that are effective in the short run but are harmful to our bodies. Weight loss should be a priority for all overweight or obese individuals, but it is also important to get balanced nutrition included in your daily meal
Home remedies to lose weight overnight. The latest look at some home remedies to help regulate weight and also keep us healthy at the same time:
● Lemon water with honey:
a glass full of warm water with a few lemon drops and a teaspoon of honey taken each morning works wonders for our digestive system and helps in weight loss.
● Essential spices:
Indian spices like fenugreek carom seeds and black cumin seeds are great for fat loss, especially around the belly area. All the spices and make a mixture by grinding them, drinking them with a glass of warm water once every day can help reduce fat in no time.
● Staying hydrated:
drinking enough water can help us lose weight effectively at home. Consuming food rich in hydrating qualities like cucumbers, carrots, and citrus fruits can also help in this process.
● A good night’s sleep:
Sleep regulates our body functions and helps in proper digestion. It is important to get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep every day to follow a healthy lifestyle.
● Eat-in small portions
and chew properly to avoid overeating. You can also try eating less than your desire during the meals, but more often.
● Quit smoking
and limit your alcohol intake as they make our metabolic system slow and aid in weight gain.
● Managing stress
with the help of meditation, frequent breaks between work, and exercises.
What exercise burns the most belly fat?
Crunches are the most effective exercise if you want to burn belly fat. Lay down with your knees bent and your feet on the ground, lift your hands and then place them behind the head you can also keep them crossed on the chest. Keep a check on your breathing pattern; this exercise will also help in building abs while melting belly fat.
How to lose belly fat overnight?
Add fat-burning herbs and consume them in the form to burn belly fat overnight. You can make it with some boiled water and mix with the herbs, let it stay for some time, strain them, add a teaspoon of honey and take this before meals.
How to lose weight naturally after pregnancy?
Losing weight after pregnancy is difficult, but not impossible. These easy tips will help you lose postpartum belly fat easily:
● Breastfeed your baby to burn 500 calories per day.
● Eat at small intervals to ensure nutrition in the body.
● Exercises like yoga, dancing, and slow cardio with the consultation of the doctor can help in weight loss.
Best Foods For Weight Loss and Foods To Avoid for Weight Loss
Foods that help in weight loss:
● Eggs are low in calories and rich in protein.
● Salmon is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which reduce inflammation and promote fat burning.
● Yogurt- amino acids, vitamin D and calcium in yogurt speeds up the fat burning process.
● Dark chocolate boosts our metabolism and aids weight loss.
● Broccoli/Cauliflower/Brussel sprouts are super high in fiber and nutrients that keep our body fat burning. Broccoli is also rich in calcium that strengthens our bones.
● Nuts- especially almonds are a rich source of magnesium and healthy fats. They act as antioxidants to the body and reduce inflammation and repair damage. They boost metabolism and reduce weight.
● Green Tea- it is also called a natural fat-burner. Green tea taken every Evening can work wonders for the waistline as it speeds up our metabolism and increases the fat-burning qualities of our stomach.
● Blueberries aid in fat burning around the belly area. Their natural sweetness is rich in antioxidant content and also keeps us healthy.
● Whole grains like cereals, quinoa, oats, and brown rice are rich in high fiber and enhance weight loss, digestion, and blood sugar levels. They also reduce appetite and boost our body’s energy.
● Chia seeds have minerals and vitamins that support the conversion of fat to energy, they turn liquids into thicker substances and are responsible for making people feel full for a longer duration.
● Chilies enhance our metabolic system and speed up the rate at which our body uses the energy it stimulates the thermogenic effect that raises a body temperature and burns calories while eating.
● Cinnamon Is helpful to balance blood sugar levels and prevents the body from storing excess fat. It can be added to a morning beverage for best results.
● Coffee Contains caffeine content that is effective to boost a metabolic system. If taken with less or no sugar it can have energy-boosting effects and keep our body maintained.
● Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid that is effective in weight loss. Have a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar on an empty stomach every morning and see the results within a short period.
Foods to avoid:
● Fried food
● Sugary drinks
● White bread
● Candy bars
● Packaged Fruit juices that contain preservatives
● Cakes, pastries, cookies
● Canned food
While it is difficult to always follow a healthy diet throughout the day, the best hack to avoid falling for junk food is by carrying your lunch with you, eating dinner early, and taking walk breaks after every meal.
How many calories should you eat per day to lose weight?
A calorie deficit that cuts 500 calories per day is important for a healthy weight loss, eliminating processed food from outside and opting for alternatives like home-cooked meals can help you maintain your calorie count.
How long does it take to lose belly fat?
Losing belly fat can take a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks. A mixture of the right balanced diet, daily workout as well as a positive mindset can help you to acquire the best results in a short timeline.
Simple changes in our lifestyle can help us lose weight and improve our overall body health. To lose weight naturally the home remedies discussed above can help you lose weight without the headache of joining a gym and following a strict diet. If you are facing trouble losing weight after pregnancy you can consult your doctor and set up the right care dual to start exercising and following a healthy diet as discussed above.
Losing belly fat is the trickiest part and can be achieved with self-discipline and motivation. Eating at frequent intervals, reducing and serving small portions of your food can work wonders in your weight loss journey. Avoiding junk food and keeping a check on your calorie intake are other important ways of losing weight easily.